Monday, January 5, 2009

MNT Camp News


The January MNT Camp began yesterday and there have already been two withdrawals. Clarence Goodson has not yet made it back to form after ankle surgery and Cory Gibbs withdrew for an undisclosed reason (better be a good one because this was one of his last shots). Replacements have not been announced but I am sure they will come in the next few days as the backline is a little short after the aforementioned withdrawals.

Ives checks in for ESPN, breaking down a few things and a few players to pay attention to during the camp. Personally, I am going to be paying close attention to how Stuart Holden, Chad Marshall, Robbie Rogers, and Charlie Davies do, as I think they could all have legitimate futures with the Senior squad. I am also going to be checking for Kenny Cooper, who apparently will be staying in Dallas next year, and Sacha Kljestan, who has impressed me with his performances of late. Who do you think will make a splash during this camp? Did I miss anybody? Let me know.

No comments: