Monday, December 8, 2008

Yanks Abroad - Let's Focus on the Positive



When looking at the Americans plying their trade abroad this past weekend, there were a fair share of positives and negatives to take away from their matches. But since it is Monday and there is a full work week ahead, I'm trying to stay positive. I am going to ignore the fact that Eddie Johnson, Steve Cherundolo, and Jay Demerit missed out due to injury, and I am going to overlook that Michael Bradley lost his starting place (although he did make a 23 min sub appearance) in a 3-1 loss to Bayer Leverkusen. Instead I am going to focus on the good stuff, like Jozy Altidore making his second consecutive league start and going the full 90 in an incredibly entertaining 3-3 tie with Getafe, in which Villarreal was down 3-0 at half (video above). I'm also liking Damarcus Beasley starting and playing 78 minutes in a 7-1 victory for Rangers, Clint Dempsey going the full 90 in a 1-1 tie for Fulham, and Freddy Adu actually getting off the bench to play 9 minutes in a 1-1 tie for Monaco.

Update: Can't believe I forgot Frankie Simek returning to the starting lineup and going the full 90 for Sheffield Wednesday in a 1-1 tie with Southampton.


It's nice looking at the weekend with a positive slant, that is why I am focusing on UMD Men's soccer team making their fifth final four in seven years, and how the Terps' basketball team crushed GW last night; definitely a lot better than facing the harsh truth that my Washington Wizards suck and the Redskins have lost four out of their last five games.

No comments: